Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ch 10 Q3


One concept from this week that I thought was interesting is advertising and the media. I thought it was interesting because people don’t realize how advertising is crucial to the success of a business. We see advertisements in the media everyday, but do we ever take the time and actually acknowledge them.  Three purposes to advertising are (1) to create product awareness, (2) to inform consumers about a product or service and (3) to motivate customer demand for the product. The advertiser needes to be able to attract consumers effectively using the media. Marketers spend a lot of time identifying the main audience for their product and do a lot of research beforehand. Research is a key step in the entire process and is one of the main aspects of marketing. The best way to research is looking at successful companys that effectively use advertising. One company that utilizes good advertising is Nike and they implement a lot of product placement in their commercials. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brian,
    Your explanation about the ideas behind advertising was spot on. I did the same subject matter from the text as you did because it was the easiest to expand and write about since it is something we run into every day. With how the world is ran these days there is no way you can escape the use of advertising without locking yourself up in a room and just looking at the wall all day. I feel that advertisements corrupt the youth and force them to make decisions they otherwise wouldn’t, and should be controlled by the government.
    -Mike Ross the Boss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the time to look at how much advertising I run into every day. I couldn’t believe it. Every second of every day of my life is somehow impacted by some kind of advertisement. I wake up, check email and my Facebook, and on the right hand side is a line of advertisements, “tailored” to exactly what it is that I like. I read the newspaper or magazines, and there are a bunch of advertisements. I turn on the TV, and every 10 minutes there is a band of commercials. I feel taken over. This is a really sad realization.

    -CesarCOMM41

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I agree with you too about advertising and the media. I think that companies who do a lot of advertising and are in the media a lot do a lot to help a company get up there in the top. Getting your name out there and advertising your brand or product is a great way for people to know about the brand or product. I think that is so because of the fact that maybe some people did not know about the product until you advertised about it and advertisements are great ways to say good things about your brand or product.

    ReplyDelete