Saturday, November 3, 2012

Ch 10 Q1


Throughout this past week, I have encountered a lot of marketing strategies that were either very effective or very misleading. The first marketing strategy occurred after the Giants won the World Series. Taco bell took the initiative and used that as marketing for their tacos. It was advertised on the television and radio commercials. Everyone received a free taco whether or not the individual was a Giant’s fan. However, it was a good incentive for loyal Giant’s fans and bandwagoners to enjoy the World Series win, while enjoying a nice free taco. Nonetheless, the promotion and advertising worked really well due to Taco Bell lines that were out the door. The least effective marketing strategies are the booths outside of the stores in the mall. They do a poor job of attracting consumers to the booth because they are simply trying to talk to you when you are just trying to walk by. Therefore, the consumer usually walks by and ignores the vendor. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brian,
    I agree with you that Taco bell took the initiative and took the Giant’s winning the World Series to their advantage in advertisement. I was one of the people who gave in to their marketing and got my free tacos! The humor in this post is that I’m the bandwagon you’re talking about because I am from Los Angeles and I don’t follow baseball but I still went to get my free taco because of the win. This is a good marketing and advertisement strategy that they use because like you said, Taco bell lines were out the door and around the block. Something similar happens in L.A. when the Lakers win a home game. Jack in the Box gives two free tacos the following day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian!
    I agree that taco bell took the initiative in using the World Series game as a way to advertise for Taco bell. I was one of the guys that fell for the trap that they wanted you to go for. First off when I saw that I got a free Doritos loco taco, I was already sold on going to taco bell on that fine Tuesday, but when I got to taco bell I thought to myself a Doritos loco taco will not fill me up, so I had to spend some of my money in order to buy a crunch wrap supreme and delicious cinnamon twist. So overall taco bells advertising offering that free Doritos loco taco actually got me to spend more money than I was anticipating, making it an overall good strategy.
    p.s. I also got a frutista freeze.
    -Mike Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, this free Loco Taco deal was a scam because I didn’t get my free taco. I was very disappointed to find long lines at the Taco Bell I went to. By the time it was my turn to get my hands on one, it was too late. They were no longer complementary. I also came to the realization that I had no desire in eating one of these crazy tacos. I had tried them once before and found them repulsive. I really just wanted some Taco Bell. I think that all this advertisement got me so wrapped up in the hype and made me just want to go there for the experience.

    -CesarCOMM41

    ReplyDelete