Sunday, September 30, 2012

Q2 Week of September 29th

After reading Chapter 2, it clarified that in order for one to choose a career, the individual needs to identify his or her strengths. To become truly passionate about your career, you need to be good at what you do. It usually comes down to me using my logical reasoning and how in the end which is the better decision. I am usually using my critical thinking skills and logical reasoning in any situation and tend to use less emotional reasoning. I believe that once emotions start affecting important decisions especially during work, than it becomes unfair to your job due to the emotional connection. Instead, it is good to use logical reasoning when it comes to the work environment and to keep emotional reasoning with your personal life. When it comes to my personal strengths, I am a very sociable person and can easily hold or initiate a conversation with anyone. As a business major, this will ultimately help me achieve success because of good networking skills, but also I will have the credentials of my business major.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi there BrianRobles! I really liked your post because (since this is a critical thinking class) you explained how logic and reasoning is important to choosing your strengths and weaknesses. Your strength in particular, is somewhat like my own where being able to be confident and social will help in a business setting. This along with actual learned skills will be greatly beneficial. It is also a great point when you included that emotions tend to have business situations become less professional. High emotions are when less rational decisions might be made. It is important to keep that in mind while heading into all of our futures in the business world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian Robles!
    Finding your strengths is a very important task while growing up and it seems that you were able to achieve that task! You finding that logical thinking is your strength is very useful since you know that you will no longer let your emotions get the best of you when you are in a working environment. For me, it’s very hard to not let my emotions get the best of me in some situations even if that may be at the workplace. It does sometimes affect the decisions I make while doing work or having to make a hard decision, but sometimes my emotions do make the right decision.
    -Mike Ross

    ReplyDelete