Friday, December 7, 2012

Q2 Dec 3- 9th

My favorite thing about this class was the entire online aspect. It allowed everyone to be mobile and not have to sit and attend class. The way the professor organized the class through creating blogs each week was quite do-able and never a hassle. Personally, I liked bonding with my group and having the same group really made a strong connection and relationship between everyone. My least favorite thing about the class would be the essay prompts. I believe that the essay prompts should be more interesting and should relate more to the subject Comm 41. In my opinion, the essay prompt about picking an organization to write about was very irrelevant. This class can only be improved by a little because this class is very compatible to work with. The only improvements I would have made is with the essay prompts, but everything else is fine. The blogging and commenting is perfect to get the material across to the students. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brian Robles,

    I also enjoyed how this class was online. It's funny because you say that "it allowed everyone to be mobile and not have to sit and attend class", but we're sitting here on our butts. I thought this class was very creative as well and I enjoyed blogging too. It was nice because everything was as expected; there weren't any crazy surprises and we knew what was coming. I think the essay prompt about the organizations helped us critically analyze what type of organization they were and how they helped society. I think it was related because we made decisions based on how they advertised their organization and what their purpose was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The online aspect for the class was indeed something doing able for everyone and was something that we worked with to our schedules. I also agree with the fact that it allowed us to be mobile without attending class physically. The professor did a great job with the organization of class with the blogging system and commenting so that we were able to do discussions with the concepts we have learned on the particular week. The essay prompts are something that needs to maybe improve upon. As you said, they should be more interesting and relate a little more to the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What up Brobs
    The online aspect of this class was the best! It made my schedual super easy to work with and I was never under to much pressure. It was easy to get the work done for the week and you actually had to read and know about the material when you wrote about it or you just sounded stupid when writing, or at least I did! I also liked working with my group even though sometimes it was hard to meet up. I personally felt the most annoying part of the class was the fact that the 3rd question every week was the same. It was very repetitive and boring to me.
    -Mike Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I somewhat agree with you on the essay prompts, but at the same time, we have to realize that each class has a certain writing requirement that every student has to meet. While I did find some of these topics a little simple, I think that they provided a good base for the group to take it and make/write a dynamic piece of writing. I feel that while the last essay seemed to be the hardest to complete, it was the most interesting because I got to see a group of people and analyze the fallacies in their arguments. I found that quite fascinating.

    ReplyDelete