Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Q1 Dec 3 -9th


I have learned many topics of communication that I would have never thought about. This class is a good review about certain concepts that had to do with thinking and speaking, which I have not learned about since high school philosophy and English. One particular concept I learned was about arguments and how there is more to it than just the two sides. I learned how there are two types of argument which are deductive and inductive. In addition, I learned that the evaluation of an argument and the process of constructing and argument is complex. Some realistic things that I learned over the course of this semester is that working in groups are always a challenge. There will be a constant fluctuation of people’s work ethic including my own. As long as the group gets the work done efficiently then there should never be problems. Lastly, making group relationships more personal than just being work mates makes the entire process so much more effective and fun.   

1 comment:

  1. Hello Brian,

    I agree with your thoughts because this course really strengthens our critical thinking skills. Developed us into a better critical thinker by enhancing our abilities. I also think that argument is the best topic and the topic I like in this course. It shows how complex argumentation can be in communication. Also, the chapter illustrated varies type of argumentation, including inductive argument and deductive argument. Learning arguments in depth helped me in different areas, including becoming a better writer by writing strong arguments in my essays.

    Thank you and good luck towards the end of the course.

    Adrian (:

    ReplyDelete